What You Will Learn
- Learn how the Resilience Profiler organizes and explains the six inputs for developing resilience
- Build out your support network and identify the factors that prevent you from seeking help
- Understand how to build your confidence through reframing, and boost the confidence levels of your people
- Discover how to strive without burning out-see problems as opportunities, and find alternate paths to achieve your goals
What You Will Do
- Use the resilience fulcrum to determine if your resilience resources effectively balance the stressors, change and challenges you currently face
- Assess resilience in your organization, the recovery techniques you use to replenish energy levels and the effectiveness of current resilience habits
- Create an action plan to illustrate how you will improve your own resilience, and the steps you’ll take as a leader to help your team build resilience
Resilient leaders have the ability to adapt to change, manage their stressors, maintain psychological well-being in the face of adversity and grow through difficult experiences.
Resilience is not just about demonstrating dogged perseverance to overcome a challenge. Sometimes you have to change course. It’s not always a matter of buckling down and devoting more time and effort to a project. A better approach might be to seek help. When leaders come under pressure, they often stop investing in resilience resources and throw their energy reserves off balance. As a result, their resilience levels decrease when leaders need them most.
Leadership strategy firm YSC Consulting has identified five inputs for strengthening resilience habits. Their evidence-based program lays out proactive steps leaders can take to improve all six resilience resources. YSC illustrates how leaders use strategies for Support, Confidence, Striving, Recovery, and Adapting to build lifelong habits. These habits preserve energy levels, create fulfillment, and maintain well- being, even as daily pressures and setbacks challenge our energy levels.
In this course, leaders learn very practical activities to build resilience through personalized resilience resources that lead to happier, healthier, and more engaged lives.
Upcoming CorpU Open Offerings
You can take advantage of CorpU right now by joining leaders in a mixed company setting. Join us for a high-impact week with 30-minute daily online lessons, interactive discussions, and a capstone event with our expert faculty.
Learn More About CorpU Open
- Leadership Resilience: Becoming a Resilient LeaderApril 16 — April 22, 2020Capstone: Live Event April 22, 2020 11:00 am ET