What You Will Learn
- An understanding of what empowerment means, why it matters, and your current empowerment performance
- Recommended approaches to drive team empowerment, guided by an empowerment case study
- Practical approaches to generate higher engagement
What You Will Do
- Understand what empowerment means, why it matters, and how you currently perform when it comes to empowerment
- Learn approaches to drive team empowerment, guided by an empowerment case study
- Explore why engagement is important and how it is measured.
- Be introduced to practical approaches to generate higher engagement
Gallup research conducted in 2012—which examined 49,928 business or work units and included about 1.4 million employees in 192 organizations, across 49 industries, and in 34 countries—makes clear that employee engagement strongly relates to key organizational outcomes in any economic climate. Employee engagement is an important competitive differentiator for organizations.
Gallup found that businesses that score in the top half of their organization in employee engagement have nearly double the odds of success (based on a composite of financial, customer, retention, safety, quality, shrinkage, and absenteeism metrics) when compared with those in the bottom half. Employee engagement affects nine performance outcomes, including productivity, profitability, turnover, safety incidents and quality.
This Learning Sprint arms teams with tools and practices to drive employee engagement and empower the work force to improve key business metrics.