What You Will Learn
- Develop strategies to increase meaning within a team and across an organization
- Identify meaning-making best practices
- Construct a plan to elevate employee meaning and engagement
What You Will Do
- Discuss the importance and market value attached to making meaning at work
- Learn how to build an employee value proposition
- Understand how to appropriately set expectations with your employees, and how to understand their needs and expectations
- Explore approaches to help your people discover more meaning through their work
Uncovering the why of work is what drives people to do their best; armed with a sense of purpose, employees perform better and demonstrate higher levels of engagement. The organization subsequently enjoys increased productivity and more customer satisfaction.
Yet many leaders fail to take talent on the necessary journey to make meaning in the workplace. As a result, they miss two integral components of talent development: commitment and contribution. Employees don’t just need competencies to do their work well—they also need to feel ownership, purpose, and a deep sense of belonging.
So how do we invest ourselves and our team in the search for meaning? And how, once invested, do we actually contribute to the sense of purpose that our people feel in their work?
This Learning Sprint looks at why making meaning makes money—how a commitment to helping your talent find meaning in work can produce measurable, bottom line results. It will also explore tangible areas where employees find meaning in their work, particularly through company expectations and individual contributions to the organization. Finally, we’ll look at how you can become a true meaning maker for the people around you.
Upcoming CorpU Open Offerings
You can take advantage of CorpU right now by joining leaders in a mixed company setting. Join us for a high-impact week with 30-minute daily online lessons, interactive discussions, and a capstone event with our expert faculty.
Learn More About CorpU Open
- Helping Your People Find Meaning at WorkJuly 29 — August 4, 2020Capstone: Live Event August 4, 2020 1:00 pm ET