What You Will Learn
- Leverage the “how” of change, rather than the “what,” to effectively drive change.
- Prepare your organization for change
- Create an environment conducive to enterprise-wide change.
What You Will Do
- Learn why change is hard, risky, and prone to failure.
- Understand how to identify and overcome resistance and barriers to change.
- Explore the nine-step framework that you can use to manage breakthrough change.
- Act as a principal agent of change
Driving change is an essential leadership skill. But big, breakthrough organizational change is prone to failure, resistance and cultural inertia. This Learning Sprint examines how to both drive a large change initiative and actively participate in a change process initiated by others. It explores several key elements and challenges inherent to all change initiatives: change is hard, resistance is high, and leadership buy-in is critical. This Sprint walks participants through a change framework during which they’ll prepare the organization for change, create a change plan, and make the change stick.
Activities in this Sprint emphasize the “how” of change rather than the “what.” The “what” is often dictated by strategic, financial, or marketing considerations. By focusing on the “how,” you will be better equipped to effectively drive the change process (when you are a principal agent of change) and support the change process (when it is initiated by others).
Together, your team will work to answer the question: How can we maximize the probability that our change initiatives will succeed in driving breakthrough business outcomes?