The Art of Strategic Persuasion
Practical tools to break down silos and gain buy-in for your ideas
About This Course
In a sea of good ideas, how do you know which one to pursue? Asking others to ‘trust you’ doesn’t always cut it. In today’s fast-paced and complex business environment, good ideas can be quickly shot down — even those that might have potential to generate millions in value. To thrive, ideas must be sold. People need a reason to care and pay attention to an idea that may not currently be on their list of priorities.
Moreover, today’s leaders work with an average of up to 10 additional groups to get work done. Because leaders don’t have authority over all 10, persuasion is a key tool for gaining support. This competency is often called “influence without authority.”
Dr. Mario Moussa, author of The Art of Woo, breaks down the art of persuasion, enabling leaders to:
- Develop situational awareness to determine an organization’s readiness for an idea, which enables leaders to be strategic in how they present the idea to key stakeholders
- Analyze barriers that may prevent others from being supportive of the idea
- Identify persuasion styles and communication preferences within their team and the greater organization
- Create a strategic plan to advance ideas, gain buy-in, and build support throughout the organization
- This learning sprint combines a research-based framework, strategies and tools for communicating with diverse groups, and a proven work plan for moving an idea from concept to implementation.
Author, President of Moussa Consulting